Photo illustration: Aïda Amer/Axios. Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images.
🗓 What happened: Joe Biden officially accepted the Democratic nomination in a speech that skewered President Trump for his "unforgivable" COVID response. Watch.
🗣 More speech highlights:
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms: "We must pass on the gift John Lewis sacrificed to give us"
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth: "Joe Biden would never let tyrants manipulate him like a puppet"
- Andrew Yang: Recovery "is only possible with a change of leadership and new ideas"
- 13-year-old Brayden Harrington shares advice Biden gave to help him with stutter
- Historian Jon Meacham: Bending the arc of the moral universe "requires all of us"
- Gov. Gavin Newsom speaks from site of California wildfires: "Climate change is real"
- Trump impersonator Sarah Cooper appears at DNC to encourage mail-in voting
Other speeches on Thursday:
- Michael Bloomberg
- Pete Buttigieg
- Sen. Cory Booker
- Sen. Chris Coons
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin
🗣 Speech highlights from Wednesday:
- Barack Obama lets loose, says Trump and his enablers "do not believe" in American principles.
- Kamala Harris pays tribute to immigrant mother as she accepts historic VP nomination.
- Hillary Clinton: We need "overwhelming" win so Trump can't "steal his way to victory."
- Gabby Giffords: "We can let the shooting continue, or we can act."
👉 Go deeper: Axios full 2020 convention coverage