Raleigh's new fine-dining destination: East End Bistrot
- Its arrival brings a new fine-dining option to one of East Raleigh's fastest-growing areas.
Driving the news: East End Bistrot is one of several restaurants launched this year by the prolific restaurateur Giorgios Bakatsias, whose restaurant group recently opened Las Ramblas and Giorgio Pizza Bar in North Hills.
- It's a re-entry into French food for Bakatsias. The group's French bistro, Vin Rouge, has long been a favorite of the Durham food scene.
- East End's menu stands out by offering more cuts of steak, including a 32-ounce porterhouse, and seafood, like Dover sole and a lobster roll.
Details: Tucked into the new East End Market development, 2020 Progress Ct., the space is flamboyant and beautiful, and the service is excellent.
- We dined at the spot last night, and sampled as much from the menu as our bellies could hold.
- Our collective favorite dishes were the pomme frites, champignons (mushrooms) and the oysters.
Lucille loved the Mona Lisa, Smile cocktail with tequila and sparkling rosé — dangerous! — and the lobster bisque.
- Zachery loved the veal cheeks.
Zoom in: East End Bistrot is the first restaurant to open in the new East End Market development near the intersection of East Whitaker Mill Road and Atlantic Avenue.
More Raleigh stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Raleigh.