Things to Do
New art festival coming to Nashville in September
Artville, a new festival seeking to shine a spotlight on Nashville's growing art scene, is coming to the Wedgewood-Houston and Chestnut Hill neighborhoods in September.
Why it matters: The vision is for Artville to establish a premier visual arts event in Nashville.
- "It will enrich our city, bring local artists to the forefront, draw in national artists and tourists alike, and show art collectors that contemporary art and Nashville's unique spirit go hand-in-hand," organizer Samantha Saturn said in a statement.
How to celebrate spring 2023 in Nashville
Spring is staging a comeback. Warmer weather this winter might have given us some preseason practice, but there's nothing like the real thing.
- There's plenty to look forward to in Nashville as the season comes into bloom.
Maren Morris, Jason Isbell to sing at LGBTQ+ benefit
A coalition of musicians including Maren Morris, Hozier, Jason Isbell and Sheryl Crow are coming together for a benefit concert that will funnel money toward local LGBTQ+ organizations.
- The March 20 "Love Rising" benefit at Bridgestone Arena was organized in response to a wave of legislation targeting the state's LGBTQ+ population.
CMA Fest lineup includes Tim McGraw, Eric Church
The Country Music Association has announced the lineup for the 50th annual CMA Fest, which will take over downtown Nashville this summer.
- Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, Luke Combs, Eric Church and Keith Urban are among the biggest names anchoring nightly shows at Nissan Stadium.
Nashville's March concert calendar
We're a few days late, but here are some concerts to look forward to this month.
- Tickets to Morgan Wallen's free surprise show Friday at Bridgestone Arena are already gone.
How to watch Oscars movies in Nashville
There's less than one month until the Oscars ceremony, giving movie fans precious little time to see as many of the nominees as possible.
- And fewer movies are available on streaming services this year.
TPAC announces Broadway shows coming to Nashville
Broadway shows including "Wicked," "Hairspray" and "Frozen" are coming to dazzle Nashville audiences.
- The Tennessee Performing Arts Center's newly announced 2023-24 Broadway season features eight national touring productions.
Trisha Yearwood "scared s--tless" at Bluebird Cafe
When Trisha Yearwood took the stage at the Bluebird Cafe Wednesday night, she said she was "scared s--tless."
- The Grammy winner has performed in some of the biggest venues in the world. But playing the tiny listening room shoehorned next to a cat groomer and a barber shop was surprisingly intimidating.
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.
Support local journalism by becoming a member.