Williamson Medical Center is moving forward with a $189 million expansion.
- A vote this week approved the hospital's request to apply for bond financing for the project.
Nashville is looking to hire plumbers, nurses, correctional officers and more as multiple city agencies scramble to keep their rosters full.
- The city is hosting a wide-ranging career fair Saturday, the latest sign that the national worker shortage is hitting close to home.
Why it matters: Many of the jobs Nashville leaders are looking to fill are central to key city services.
The downtown YMCA on Monday announced dramatic plans to redevelop its Church Street property to include a 60-story residential tower.
- Developer Tony Giarratana, who led the construction of several residential buildings downtown, will oversee the project.
Why it matters: The massive tower would be the tallest residential building in Nashville and would become part of a new nucleus of downtown development changing the face of the city.
- It's near Nashville Yards, home to Amazon's upcoming corporate offices and the Capitol View mixed-use development.
- YMCA expects its downtown location to be at the epicenter of a population boom, estimating that some 20,000 residents could be within walking distance in the next five to seven years.
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.