Food and Drink
Nashville's renowned pastry chef Noelle Marchetti
Inspiration takes many forms for Noelle Marchetti, the executive pastry chef at The Joseph Hotel.
- She tells Axios that a piece of local pottery might spark an idea for one dessert. Another might incorporate research on festivals in Italy.
Slim & Husky's national reach gets James Beard recognition
As the founders of Slim & Husky's receive national accolades and expand their community-minded pizza concept across the country, it's staggering to consider the chain has only been around six years.
Flashback: Former Tennessee State University roommates Clinton Gray, Derrick Moore and Emanuel Reed launched Slim & Husky's to jumpstart development on Buchanan Street, which had become a shadow of its former self.
Kisser in Nashville to open March 24 amid major hype
Few restaurants have arrived in Nashville with more fanfare than Kisser.
- It hasn't even opened yet, and it already boasts hype from local and national media outlets.
Of note: Bon Appétit tabbed Kisser as one of the 12 most anticipated restaurant openings nationally for 2023.
Nashville restaurants get love from James Beard Foundation
Nashville's food scene is well represented on the list of semifinalists for James Beard Foundation awards this year.
Driving the news: Bastion's Josh Habiger and Locust's Trevor Moran are semifinalists for best chef in the southeast.
Navigating Dry January 2023 in Nashville
If you are in the midst of going dry for January, Nashville bars are stepping up to guide you through the month with plenty of creative alcohol-free drinks on their menus.
Driving the news: As more people participate in Dry January, the creation of fancy, zero-proof drinks has grown in popularity.
Elegy Coffee opens new shop in Germantown
Elegy Coffee, which has thrived for two years in East Nashville, opened a new shop in Germantown Wednesday.
- It's been a busy January for Elegy, which also opened a new coffee shop downtown.
In-N-Out Burger expanding into the Nashville area
Fast food chain In-N-Out Burger is coming to Tennessee.
- The company announced plans to open locations and a corporate office here in a statement on Tuesday.
Goodbye to Arnold's — for now
On the last Wednesday of service at Arnold's Country Kitchen, the line was nearly 50 deep before the doors even opened at 10:30am.
- Folks have flocked to the beloved restaurant all week for one more bite of the exquisitely prepared roast beef, fried catfish, quintessential Southern sides and irresistible pies.
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.
Support local journalism by becoming a member.