Voter registration deadline is today
Today is the deadline to register to vote for the upcoming Nov. 8 election.
Details: To register online or update your voter registration, provide your Ohio driver's license or identification card number and pertinent personal information.
- To register in person, your local County Board of Elections (BOE) office is open until 9pm tonight.
What's more: Can't make it to the polls? Submit a request form for an absentee ballot by mail.
- The absentee ballot application must be mailed or submitted in person to your BOE office before Nov. 5 at noon.
- If you don't have access to a printer, call your local BOE office to request an absentee ballot application in the mail.
Of note: Look up your voter registration if you're not sure if you're registered.
- If you update your information or register online after today, changes will apply to the next election.
- Due to unconstitutional redistricting in Ohio this year, your district might have changed.
What we're watching: Stay tuned for continuing coverage on the election, including the major Senate races.
- Franklin County has five school levy issues.
- Ohio has two state issues regarding voting rights and bail reform.
- And Columbus is asking voters to support a $1.5 billion bond package to fund new affordable housing projects and other public services.
Gahanna-area races: Candidates for Ohio Senate District 3, Ohio House Districts 4 and 5 and Franklin County Common Pleas.
- 6:30pm tomorrow. Clark Hall. 380 Granville St.
Linden-area races: Franklin County Commissioner, Franklin County Auditor, Ohio House District 3, Franklin County Common Pleas and 10th District Court of Appeals candidates.
- 6pm Thursday. Northern Lights Library Branch. 4093 Cleveland Ave.
SW Columbus races: Ohio Senate District 3, Ohio House District 10, Franklin County Common Pleas candidates and state ballot issues 1 and 2.
- 6:30pm Monday. Hilltop Library Branch. 511 S. Hague Ave.
🗳️ Worthy of your time: View your sample ballot and a nonpartisan voting guide to get more information on the issues and candidates.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.