Halloween weekend in Chicago: Haunted Halsted Parade, Ghost Cruise
There's a big parade and party in Northalsted on Halloween night, but before that, hear ghost stories while cruising the Chicago River or attend a pet-friendly party at the MCA.
- Here are a few fun ways to spend Halloween weekend.
Spend Halloween night in Northalsted and enjoy the Haunted Halsted Halloween Parade, costume contest and after-party.
Why it matters: Wearing a really cool costume may get you paid.
- There will be prizes up to $500 for first, second and third place in categories including Character, Creative, Scary, Youth and Group. Entry into the contest is free.
When: 6:30–10pm Tuesday (Halloween). View the event schedule.
Of note: To participate in the parade and costume contest, register here.
👻 2. Chicago Ghost Cruise
- Take a two-hour ride on a cycle boat (a boat with bike pedals) as you learn about the paranormal events surrounding the sunken Christmas Tree Ship, the Eastland Disaster, the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 and the Fort Dearborn Massacre of 1812.
- When: 1–3pm and 8:30-10:30pm Friday, 8:30-10:30pm Saturday, 1–3pm Sunday
- Cost: $55. Tickets.
- Address: 300 N. La Salle Drive
- Dress up your four-legged friend and visit the MCA from 9–11am Saturday. There will be a dog parade at 9:30am with prizes awarded to every participant. Free.
🦇 4. Batfest
- Head to downtown Batavia from 10am–2pm Saturday for a parade, trick-or-treating, farmers market, games, costume contests, performances and a meet-and-greet with live bats at Wilson Street Mercantile. Free.
- Bring the kids trick-or-treating at participating businesses in Lincoln Square and Ravenswood and on Rockwell Street from 11am–1pm Sunday. Free.
- Details: Here are maps of the participating businesses: Lincoln Square, Ravenswood, Rockwell
- Party it up at a '90s-themed Halloween ball inspired by Baz Luhrmann's "Romeo + Juliet." There will be DJ sets, a burlesque performance and vendors including Minty, Soulpaz and Botanical Lilith. The event is 8pm–midnight Sunday.
- Cost: $15 single, $25 couple. Tickets.
- Address: 12 S. Michigan Ave.
🎭 7. Blue Man Group
More Chicago stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Chicago.