Chicago weekend events: 312 Block Party, Beverly Art Walk and more
Enjoy the last block party of the summer, experience art in Beverly or cheer on the Women's National Soccer Team.
1. 312 Block Party
Goose Island is hosting its annual 312 Block Party outside its brewery in the Brewing District.
Why it matters: This is your chance to experience a Chicago block party while the weather is still warm. Plus, donations taken at the door support local charities.
When: Doors open at 5pm Friday and 4pm Saturday
Address: 1800 W. Fulton St.
Cost: $10 donations are encouraged
- This Oscar-winning film will be shown on an HD screen accompanied by a live orchestra, percussion and DJ. The one-night-only experience will take place at the Cadillac Palace Theatre at 7pm Saturday.
- Of note: Tickets are scarce on Ticketmaster but available on resellers like SeatGeek and StubHub.
- St. Alphonsus Catholic Church is hosting a three-day German celebration that includes craft beer tasting, live music, an inflatable obstacle course, face painting for kids and a stein hoisting competition.
- When: 5–10pm Friday, noon–10pm Saturday, noon–7pm Sunday
- Address: 1429 W. Wellington Ave.
- Cost: $40 for the craft beer tasting. Tickets
🖼️ 4. Beverly Art Walk
- Saturday's art and music festival will feature 200 artists exhibiting their work throughout the Beverly neighborhood. The live music, performances and art demonstrations will be from noon–5pm. Free
- Location: Beverly/Morgan Park. Here's a map of locations displaying art.
- Head to Humboldt Park to decorate your own paper lantern and watch it float among others in the water as the sun sets. There will also be live music and food trucks at the event from 4–8pm Saturday.
- Of note: Arrival before 6:30pm is encouraged.
- Cost: $45.99 if purchased by Friday, $55.99 if purchased on the day of the event. Save $5 with code PEACE&LOVE. Tickets
⚽ 6. Soccer
- The U.S. Women's National Soccer Team will take on South Africa in an international friendly at 4:30pm Sunday at Soldier Field. Tickets start at $40
More Chicago stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Chicago.