Soul & Smoke's new Rockwell on the River location impresses
When you dine out in Chicago, you often have to choose between great views and great food.
- But it all comes together at Soul & Smoke's new Rockwell on the River location in Avondale.
- At this hidden oasis next to the Metropolitan Brewery, patrons sip mugs of beer on a vast patio filled with comfy chairs and tables perched over the river.
- Now, they can also eat amazing barbecue.
The bite: Soul & Smoke cooks do a lot well, but their tender smoked brisket ($38 per pound) totally bowled us over.
- The meat was so rich and flavorful that we could barely finish a slice each with our kale salad, coleslaw, collard greens, and mac and cheese.
- And don't miss the rib-and-tip combo featuring smoked 'nduja sausage ($17.50).
Bonus: Kids and dogs are welcome, and there is an even quieter side for those not drinking.
More Chicago stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Chicago.