We've asked about your favorite tacos and your responses have made us (very) hungry. Here are a few:
- Sam N recommended the crispy tacos de seso (yes — pig brains) that are sealed with toothpicks and fried at Sabas Vega Carnitas restaurant in Pilsen.
- Mike C. digs the steak tacos at La Oaxaqueña in Avondale and the chicken tinga tacos at Chicago Taco Authority in Old Irving.
- Lisa K. loves the steak tacos with cilantro, onion and green salsa at La Pasadita and Brasas in Cicero.
- Karl S. recommends El Carrito in Peterson Park for steak and veggie tacos.
- Vanessa G. likes that goat quesabirria from Flo's Kitchen Food Truck in Avondale.
Speaking of Latin-American chow: This week is Latin Restaurant Week with deals designed to lure you beyond your usual circuit. A few that caught our eye:
- Polombia (offering Polish-Colombian food) in Fulton Market offers free dessert with a $10 purchase.
- Venuzuelan Sabe a Zulia offers a tumbarrancho — arepa corn cake filled with mortadella and cheese for $5.50.
- Bryanna's Restaurant offers 20% off your Guatemalan meal if you mention Latin Restaurant week.
Recommendation du jour: The New York Times lists Logan Square's Mi Tocaya Antojeria on its list of America's favorite restaurants.
More Chicago stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Chicago.