Brew Stop: Hellbent Brewing offers varied tap list and a big space
Axios Seattle's ongoing mission to visit every craft brewery in town takes us this week to Hellbent Brewing.
Why it matters: Beer is good!
The spot: 13035 Lake City Way NE, in north Seattle's Lake City neighborhood.
The vibe: Huge, two-story taproom with a sprawling outdoor patio, eclectic decor and mix of furniture (think college dorm-room chic), a top-floor game room and a wall of windows behind the bar that allows customers to peer into the stainless-steel world of Hellbent beer-making.
- Don't miss the chandelier of pint glasses on the main floor and the personified dog paintings upstairs.
The beers: A big tap list with 15+ beers, ciders, seltzers and guest brews. Multiple options are canned and available to go.
- Lewis here: I dropped in on a Wednesday evening while killing time during my son's soccer practice nearby, and sampled the Hellbent Kolsch and Northwest Pilsner.
- For crisp, lighter options on a warm summer evening, either choice is ideal.
- But don't be as boring as me: The tap offers variety, including Strawberry Cream Ale, Dang! Citra IPA, Lemongrass Lime Saison and The Freaks Come Out at Night Imperial Stout.
The food: Food trucks rotate daily next to the patio. Check out the schedule here.
Pro tips: This taproom has a fast, friendly staff, but it's super popular. By 6pm, the place was packed, with its adjacent parking lot and closest street parking full.
- Bring your pups, not your tots: Hellbent loves dogs, but kids aren't allowed.
More Seattle stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Seattle.