Three Utah pumpkin patches to visit before Halloween
Last October my farm-raised, Midwestern parents came out to visit, so I said "Let's all go to the pumpkin patch!"
What we found: A Harry Potter-ish village with actors, a terrifyingly elaborate haunted barn, and performers break-dancing under strobe lights.
- "When you said we were going to a pumpkin patch, uh … this wasn't what I expected," my Ohio father said.
Pumpkin patches are high entertainment in Utah, with games, rides and gourmet coffee.
- Here are three I like.
This was where I took my parents, and we were so dazzled that we forgot to buy pumpkins.
- This year they've added a fairytale kingdom to the village, a haunted house, and two themed corn mazes.
- Activities include bounce houses, cornhole and "zombie paintball."
Tickets: $20.90 Monday–Thursday, $27.20 Friday–Sunday.
- It's $14.65 for just the haunted house and $5 for just the pumpkin patch.
Location: 12153 S. 700 West, Draper
This Davis County farm has grown since I took my daughter as a toddler years ago!
- There's a 16-acre corn maze by day, a haunted corn maze at night (recommended for ages 12+), and live music on weekends.
- The courtyard has giant slides, obstacles to climb and farm-themed games.
Tickets: $14 for adults and $11 for kids for the corn maze and courtyard.
- It's $30 for all ages for the corn maze, courtyard and the Nightmare Acres haunted maze.
Location: 2075 S. 4000 West, Syracuse
A Salt Lake City classic and a favorite for school and daycare trips, Cross E has an exhaustive list of games and activities.
- This one is less focused on frights but big on physical fun, with zip lines, mega slides, a climbing wall and more.
- There's a corn maze, hay bale maze and lots of live animals to visit.
Tickets: $18.95 for adults, $12.95 for kids 11 and younger, Friday-Saturday.
- Weekday prices are $15.95 for adults and $10.95 for kids.
- Prices drop for reservations after 7pm.
Location: 3500 North 2200 West, Salt Lake City
More Salt Lake City stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Salt Lake City.