5 places to fly cheap for the weekend
The Northwest Arkansas National Airport has been busy adding a slew of direct flights over the past few years.
The intrigue: Several of those new flights are on budget airlines, so you can spend less money getting to your destination and have more flexibility experiencing another city.
In just 1.5 hours, you can be drinking a hurricane and listening to live jazz.
- Fly out of XNA via Breeze Airways on a Friday and come back Monday for around $90-$140 roundtrip.
We won't tell the Ozark Mountains if you have an occasional fling with the Rockies.
- Frontier Airlines offers flights every day of the week but Wednesdays. Prices vary but run as low as $178 roundtrip and you can be there in a little over two hours.
- Bonus: Check out Axios Denver to get the lay of the land.
For all of Arkansas’ good qualities, we’re landlocked. Luckily, you can be at the beach in about an hour and 45 minutes.
- Allegiant Air has flights every day of the week except for Tuesdays, so you have plenty of options — many for around $150 roundtrip.
Explore Music City and enjoy a hot chicken sandwich, or find the best desserts in the city with Axios Nashville's guide.
- Skip the eight-hour drive and be there in about an hour and 20 minutes.
- You can leave on a Thursday and come back on a Sunday for around $115 roundtrip with Allegiant.
For those who need a serious getaway, you can get out west in three hours.
- Both Allegiant and Frontier offer direct flights, with some running under $200.
More NW Arkansas stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.