Memorial Day weekend activities in Nashville
Memorial Day signifies the unofficial start of summer. Here are a few ways to mark the occasion:
🇺🇸 Field of Honor: A display of 300 American flags will be set up on East Division Street in Mt. Juliet throughout the weekend to mark the holiday.
- The display, which is free of charge, is hosted by the Exchange Club of Wilson County and American Legion Post 281.
🤠 Kenny Chesney at Nissan Stadium: Seats are still available to see country music's most summer-friendly singer perform hot-weather hits like "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems" and, appropriately enough, "Summertime."
- Tickets start at $17.
🎆 Fireworks at Nashville Shores: The show starts around 8:45pm Sunday and is included with admission.
- Waterpark tickets start at $32.99.
🏃 Memorial Day Dash 5K: The 22nd annual race, hosted by the Nashville City Cemetery Association and the Metro Historical Commission, starts at 7:30am Monday. The course runs through the scenic Fort Negley Historic Park.
- Registration is $40, and prizes are awarded for the best patriotic costumes.
🍻 Patio beers: The opportunities to drink outside keep increasing thanks to Nashville's growing craft brewery scene.
- TailGate's headquarters on Charlotte Pike has one of the most spacious outdoor drinking areas in the city.
- Yazoo drastically increased its outdoor seating area after relocating to Madison.
- And Diskin Cider has a comfortable patio and an events calendar loaded with food trucks, music and trivia nights.
More Nashville stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.