Illustration: Aïda Amer/Axios
- Politics: Pence chief of staff Marc Short tests positive for coronavirus — COVID-19 looms over White House Halloween celebrations
- Health: Fauci says maybe we should mandate masks if people don't wear them — America was sick well before it ever got COVID-19
- World: Polish President Andrzej Duda tests positive for COVID-19.
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 3 a.m. ET: 42,614,486 — Total deaths: 1,149,795 — Total recoveries: 28,765,844 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 3 a.m. ET: 8,576,631— Total deaths: 224,899 — Total recoveries: 3,406,656 — Total tests: 131,455,226 — Map.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.