Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 2:30 p.m. EST: 32,356,829 — Total deaths: 984,813 — Total recoveries: 22,278,696 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 2:30 p.m EST: 6,997,468 — Total deaths: 203,147 — Total recoveries: 2,710,183 — Total tests: 98,481,026 — Map.
- States: "We’re not closing anything going forward": Florida fully lifts COVID restaurant restrictions — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam tests positive for coronavirus.
- Health: Young people accounted for 20% of cases this summer.
- Business: Coronavirus has made airports happier places —The expiration of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance looms.
- Education: Where bringing students back to school is most risky.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.