Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 9 a.m. ET: 614,884 — Total deaths: 28,687 — Total recoveries: 135,671.
- U.S.: Leads the world in cases. Total confirmed cases as of 9 a.m. ET: 104,837 — Total deaths: 1,711 — Total recoveries: 894.
- Federal government latest: President Trump signed the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill to provide businesses and U.S. workers economic relief.
- State updates: Alaska is latest state to issue stay-at-home order — New York is trying to nearly triple its hospital capacity in less than a month.
- World updates: Italy reported 969 coronavirus deaths on Friday, the country's deadliest day.
- Business latest: President Trump authorized the use of the Defense Production Act to direct General Motors to build ventilators for those affected by COVID-19. White House trade adviser Peter Navarro has been appointed to enforce the act.
- What should I do? Answers about the virus from Axios experts — What to know about social distancing.
- Other resources: CDC on how to avoid the virus, what to do if you get it.
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.