Illustration: Aïda Amer/Axios
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 3 p.m. ET: 11,143,945 — Total deaths: 527,681 — Total recoveries — 6,004,593 — Map.
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 3 p.m. ET: 2,818,588 — Total deaths: 129,584 — Total recoveries: 883,561 — Total tested: 34,213,497 — Map.
- States: Photos of America's pandemic July 4 — ICU beds in Arizona's hot spot reach near capacity.
- Public health: U.S. coronavirus infections hit record highs for 3 straight days.
- Politics: Trump extends PPP application deadline — Kimberly Guilfoyle tests positive.
- World: Mexican leaders call for tighter border control as infections rise in U.S.
- Sports: 31 MLB players test positive as workouts resume.
- 1 📽 thing: Drive-in movie theaters are making a comeback.
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen's Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.