Units have already started selling at The Residences at 400 Central, which aims to be the tallest residential tower on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Driving the news: Developer Red Apple Real Estate announced the start of sales yesterday. Buyers can book private appointments at the sales gallery across the street from the building site at 465 Central Avenue in downtown St. Petersburg.
- "Demand is already exceeding expectations, as early buyers are already placing reservations," project spokesman Richard Mullins told Axios.
Two suburban neighborhoods in the area — East Lake-Orient Park and Egypt Lake-Leto in Tampa — are now, for the first time, mostly occupied by renters rather than homeowners, according to a new study from RENTCafé.
- And trend lines show that New Port Richey and Temple Terrace will be next and could change from owner majority to renter majority in the next five years.
- Westchase and Riverview also saw explosive growth in renters.
Here's a look at the homes that caught our eye this week, including a luxury home in Sarasota with a pool that was just reduced by $100K.
From a cozy bungalow to a Hyde Park home with a pool and guest house, take a look at some of the best houses on the market right now.
Why we love it: This bungalow is loaded with charming architectural details, from the brick fireplace to arched doorways.
- Neighborhood: Grant Park
- Realtor: Yassy Guerra at Midwest Management Incorporate
- Specs: 3 beds, 1 bath, 1,276 square feet
- Notable features: Curb appeal, brick fireplace, built-ins, fresh kitchen.
It’s been a year of historically low inventory, historically high demand and historically high home prices.
Why it matters: Buyers are exhausted, and hardworking people are priced out of housing in Tampa Bay.
Whether you're looking for a waterfront condo or a cozy bungalow inland, one of these homes should do the trick.
Why we love it: This cozy two-bed bungalow features curb appeal, gorgeous floors and lush landscaping.
- Neighborhood: Seminole Heights
- Realtor: Mario Banales at Align Right Realty LLC
- Specs: 2 beds, 1 bath, 1,056 square feet
- Notable features: Neutral interior, fresh kitchen, back deck and fenced-in yard.
If you're a sustainable living enthusiast with $20 million on hand — or just dream of being one — you need to see this.
- The 12.5-acre retreat on Palma Sola Bay is the most expensive residential listing in Bradenton right now.
- It's got six bedrooms, seven full baths, two half-baths and a whole lot more.
Still looking for the one? A Clearwater beach house or downtown Tampa condo might do the trick.
Why we love it: This colorful Seminole Heights bungalow features a welcoming front porch, a cozy interior and a pool around back.
- Neighborhood: Southeast Seminole Heights
- Realtor: Rich Guagliardo and Claude Maggi at eXp Realty LLC
- Specs: 2 beds, 1 bath, 1,120 square feet
- Notable features: Bright exterior, pool, charming neighborhood.
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.