Visit these Tampa Bay eateries for Black Restaurant Week
Black-owned restaurants in Tampa Bay are getting an extra spotlight now through Sunday as part of Florida Black Restaurant Week.
Why it matters: Minority-owned eateries were hit especially hard during the height of the pandemic and they weren't getting the same financial support as their white counterparts, Eater reported in 2020.
- Black Restaurant Week highlights participating restaurants to help provide marketing support that some Black-owned restaurants don't have, Axios Chicago reports.
Details: The list features restaurants around the state. Local spots are mostly in Tampa, but also in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Polk counties.
- Black Restaurant Weeks are held in other parts of the country throughout the year.
- Jerk Hut Island Grille & Beach Club
- Main Course Restaurant & Lounge
- Sweet Mama's Ice Cream
- Kay's Kitchen
- Isaac's World Famous Burgers
- Zin's House of Flavors
- Coasis Restaurant & Bar
- Rose Bar Tampa
- M&R Cafe Southern Cuisine
- Main Course Restaurant and Lounge
- Bradley's Family Restaurant
- TCM Cookie
- Duality Vegan Cafe LLC
- Mr. B's Southern Cuisine
- The Cookie Monster Cookies
- Steaming Pots West Africa Cuisine
- YUPPI in Palm River-Clair Mel
- Eggs Up Grill in Riverview
- Mangos Cafe & Specialty Store in Temple Terrace
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.