7 haunted houses to visit in Tampa Bay
Halloween season in Tampa Bay means haunted houses and scary attractions.
Here are seven worth visiting:
🚢 1. UNDead in the Water: Explore multiple decks of a WWII cargo ship that is rumored to be occupied by a cult called The Gathering and riddled with ghosts and spirits. Tickets start at $22 and vary by day.
- Where: American Victory Ship in Tampa (705 Channelside Drive behind the Florida Aquarium)
- When: 7:30-10:30pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday in October
- Scare factor: For ages 11+ due to "lighting and its scary nature," according to the website.
😱 2. Wykoff's Haunted House: Get scared at Fearville's haunted house attraction. There are two discounted nights for $27: Oct. 12 and 31. Tickets include access to the farm, animal exhibits, a haunted hayride and a new haunted hillbilly trail. Tickets are $35.
- Where: Fearville at DK Farms and Gardens in Largo
- When: 7:30pm Oct. 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, 31
- Scare factor: For ages 14+ and "designed for a mature audience," according to the website.
- Where: Raprager Family Farms in Odessa
- When: After 6pm Friday and Saturdays in October
- Scare factor: Adult supervision recommended for evening activities.
💉 4. Scream-A-Geddon: There are six different attractions at this horror park. New this year is Breach, a human testing lab-themed haunted house with the option of having an interactive experience. Tickets vary by day starting at $30.95.
- Where: Dade City
- When: Open every night now to Nov. 4. View full schedule.
- Scare factor: Most attractions are for ages 18+. Participants could be grabbed and taken from their group.
👻 5. Sir Henry's Haunted Trail: There are four attractions this year at Sir Henry's: Three haunted trails and one new haunted hayride. Tickets start at $27. A percentage of the admissions benefits Folds of Honor.
- Where: Sir Henry's Haunted Trail in Plant City
- When: 7:30-11pm Oct. 6 to Nov. 4
- Scare factor: For ages 12+. Strobe lights will be used.
- Where: Pinellas Pioneer Settlement at Boyd Hill Nature Preserve
- When: 7 pm until midnight, Oct. 27, 28, 29, 31
- Scare factor: "Not suitable for young children; adult supervision is advised," according to the website.
🏚️ 7. House of Gilgamesh: Scream your way through a haunted house and maze. This year's theme is Museum of Shadows. Free entry, but cash donations and nonperishable food items are accepted.
- Where: 17846 Dansville Drive, Spring Hill
- When: 7-11pm Oct. 27 and 28
- Scare factor: Young children usually "end up crying."
1 last thing: While it's not in Tampa Bay, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort is packed with haunted houses. Here's what to know about its 2023 attractions.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.