The crazy spike in Tampa Bay home prices, mapped
We're living in a whole new world of home values here in Tampa Bay.
What's happening: In the last five years, average home prices in some areas around our area have gone up as much as 210%, according to data from Zillow.
The biggest increases:
- Eaton Park in Lakeland: 210.6% from $46,038 to $142,983.
- Ybor City and Palmetto Beach in Tampa: 134.6% from $83,048 to $194,826.
- Winston in Lakeland: 116.8% from $85,499 to $142,018.
- East Tampa: 114.6% from $92,412 to $198,281.
- Holiday in Pasco County: 114.4% from $70,705 to $151,603.
The state of play: Much of that growth has happened in the past year, according to Zillow’s latest Market Report for the Tampa metro area.
- The typical home value is up 17.7% over last May, the ninth-highest increase in the country out of the top 50 metro areas.
- And no surprises here, home inventory is down 39.3% since last year.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.