Try this Richmond holiday cocktail
Karri here. On deck to drink all of the holiday cocktails.
What's happening: Ned and I stopped by Evergreen, Birdie's holiday pop-up and the first to open in town this season.
- As promised, the restaurant was thoroughly decked in holiday decor.
- Bonus points for a self-serve hot cocoa station in the lobby.
Zoom in: We tried three drinks from their holiday cocktail list: Reindeer Games, a spiced cider and rum drink served with whipped butter; Five Golden Rings, a bourbon, lemon, honey and fig drink; and frozen eggnog.
- My favorite was the eggnog, which came out of a slushy machine and was extra boozy.
- Ned's favorite was the buttered rum drink, which reminded him of the (nonalcoholic) mulled cider his mom used to make at Christmas.
Worth noting: Richmond's holiday pop-up scene is on fire this year. In addition to the 13 we already highlighted, we're adding these to the list:
- The Winter Wonderland heated tent at Bingo Beer Co.
- Now That's What I Call Christmas at Black Lodge.
- Santa's Cocktail Shop at Cirrus Vodka's tasting room, featuring eight Cirrus-made holiday cocktails every Thursday-Sunday.
- And Get Tight Lounge's general festiveness with holiday cocktails, decor and music.
More Richmond stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Richmond.