World Series travel guide for Phillies fans headed to Houston
If you find yourself in Houston for Game 1 or 2 of the World Series, we've got you covered on all fronts.
- Lanza, a New Jersey transplant, is torn between his love for the Phillies and recent fandom of the Astros.
- He suggests trying Pappa Geno's, Vito's Famous or Nick's Place.
- Vito's allegedly imports its rolls from Jersey, so there's that.
The intrigue: We interviewed Lanza about what it's like to be a fan of both teams vying for the World Series title.
- "It's a weird feeling," Lanza told Axios. "When we moved here, it was when the Phillies were coming off their peak and the Astros were at the bottom of their trough."
- "I thought maybe there was a chance [the Phillies and Astros] could meet one day in an important game or something, but I didn't think it'd be the World Series," Lanza said. "It's really awesome to have it come to fruition."
Lanza's prediction: "Personally, I'm rooting for seven games and a lot of fun. My heart is Phillies in seven, but my gut is Astros in six."
The bottom line: "I want Phillies fans to understand [Jose] Altuve's a good dude," Lanza added. "Boo him because he's on the Astros, but don't boo him because of whatever you believe about the Astros."
More Philadelphia stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Philadelphia.