With all the warnings about how supply chain logjams may complicate this holiday shopping season, we looked into ways to skip those headaches and support local businesses.
- Check out our list of where you can celebrate the holidays and find unique gifts in Philly this year.
Holidays in Manayunk: The holiday season kicks off in the hills with the annual tree lighting at Canal View Park on Nov. 18. The event will feature live performances and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Then, don't miss Small Business Saturday on Nov. 27, during which you can shop from over 50 local vendors.
Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market: This market at Dilworth Park outside City Hall will feature local artisans, designers, crafters and other vendors.
- Nov. 20-Jan. 1 — 1 S 15th St.
Christmas Village in Philadelphia: Love Park is being transformed into a traditional German Christmas market, featuring wooden booths where vendors will sell holiday gifts, ornaments, and arts and crafts. European foods, drinks and sweets will be available too.
- Nov. 25-Dec. 24 — 1500 Arch St.
Mt. Airy Art Garage's Holiday Art Market: This annual event returns with fine art, handcrafts, music, food and more.
- Nov. 20-21, 27-28; Dec. 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 — 7054 Germantown Ave.
Holidays on the Hill: Shop Chestnut Hill's boutiques and specialty stores for Small Business Saturday on Nov. 27, which will also feature Philadelphia mummers, carolers, horse-and-carriage rides and more.
- On select days in December, take advantage of extended store hours and holiday specials at Stag & Doe Nights, or catch Santa at Market at the Fareway.
- Plus, the Chestnut Hill Holiday Parade will take place Dec. 18.
Punk Rock Flea Market: Shop clothing, records, crafts, arts and "old punk junk" at the 23rd St Armory. Admission is $10.
- Nov. 26-28 — 22 S 23rd St.
- Dec. 4 — 1219 Vine St.
- Dec. 4 — 5400 Lindbergh Blvd.
Luciafest & Christmas Market: The American Swedish Historical Museum's outdoor market includes vendors selling gifts, baked goods and holiday deli items. Admission is $5 for non-members 12 years old and up.
- Dec. 4-5 — 1900 Pattison Ave.
- Dec. 4-5, 11-12 — 909 N 2nd St.
West Craft Fest: An outdoor market featuring handmade products as well as food trucks in West Philly.
- Dec. 11 — 37th and Filbert St. (The Lawn and Pivot Park)
More Philadelphia stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Philadelphia.