Feb 20, 2024 - News

The Agenda: Fayetteville City Council's plans

City hall
Fayetteville City Hall. Photo: Alex Golden/Axios

The Fayetteville City Council meets in regular session tonight. They plan to vote on:

Formalizing the city's partnership with the Arkansas Department of Transportation on the Interstate 49/Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard interchange improvement project, which includes a 15th Street overpass.

Applying for five federal grants totaling $4.05 million. The grants will cover 80% of the project costs, and the city will be responsible for the other 20%. Projects include:

  • Millsap Road and College Avenue intersection improvements.
  • Design for the Stephen Carr/I-49 interchange.
  • Rupple Road lighting.
  • Drake Street protected bike lanes and trail connection.
  • Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard walkability improvements.

Go to the meeting: 5:30pm at Fayetteville City Hall or online.

avatar

Subscribe for more Axios Northwest Arkansas in your inbox.

Read the full edition
🌱

Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more

More NW Arkansas stories

No stories could be found

NW Arkansaspostcard

Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.

🌱

Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more