Springdale food truck spot serves up lots of options
Alex's trip to the Boardwalk
I paid my first trip to the recently-opened Boardwalk food truck court in Springdale.
The scene: The Boardwalk is a collection of about a dozen food trucks at 3445 S. Old Missouri Road complete with a covered eating area with picnic tables. It's a cool space for a casual lunch or dinner.
I tried Na'guara Lovers, a Venezuelan truck serving up foods like arepas and pastelitos. Admittedly, I don't have great context for Venezuelan food but can tell you the chicken and avocado arepa is worth trying.
- Fair warning: this is a seriously stuffed hot and heavy sandwich loaded with a creamy sauce and cheese.
- Although tasty, only serious cheese lovers should also order the cheese tequeños even as a shared appetizer. I was not prepared.
Hours: 11am-2pm, 4:30-8pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday through Saturday
Worth's trip to the Boardwalk
I made my first trip to Boardwalk on the same day as Alex, but I went for lunch.
I tried out Pupuseria Miriams, which is centrally located in the Boardwalk area. There must be more than one Miriam because there's no apostrophe included in the name.
- The pupusas come in a few combos but none with meat. Mostly you can choose from combos of cheese and beans and/or loroco ($2 each).
- Loroco, for those like me who don't know, is an edible flower common in El Salvador. I'm told it's a bit like spinach, but I've not yet tried it.
- Miriams also offers burritos and tacos.
I wanted pupusas but also meat, so I tried a cheese pupusa, and a cheese and bean pupusa ($2 each), and ordered two chicken street tacos ($5 for both).
The verdict: The diced chicken on the tacos was flavorful and lean. It paired well with the included cilantro, onions and lime.
- The pupusas — well, it's fried bread and cheese. What could go wrong with that?
- They were tasty and extremely hot off the griddle. They paired perfectly with the included vinegar slaw.
Hours: 10am-8pm, Tuesday-Sunday.
More NW Arkansas stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.