Bentonville City Council to consider millions in road project contracts
Get ready for a lot of construction — Bentonville City Council will consider 20 contracts for road and drainage projects at tonight's regular meeting.
Why it matters: Road projects that residents overwhelmingly voted for in April are being put into motion.
The top five most expensive projects account for $7.5 million, more than half the total ($13.6 million) of the contracts up for consideration. They include:
- Rainbow Curve (intersection of Walton Boulevard and Highway 12) improvements for $1.8 million — installing a flyover bridge to remove westbound, left-turning traffic.
- East Battlefield Boulevard improvements for $1.4 million — converting approximately three-quarters of a mile on East Battlefield Boulevard between East Central Avenue and Water Tower Road from two lanes to three lanes and making the road more pedestrian- and bicycle-friendly.
- Southwest Regional Airport Boulevard and Southwest I Street intersection for $1.2 million — construction of dual left-turn lanes, dedicated right-turn bays and a six-lane cross section along Highway 12/SW Regional Airport Boulevard, beginning west of the intersection with SW I Street and continuing east to the intersection with Walton Boulevard.
- Tiger Boulevard overpass for $1.6 million — extending Tiger Boulevard more than half a mile from McCollum Drive over Interstate 49 to connect to Northeast Grammercy Road.
- Southwest 28th Street for $1.5 million — widening the street and adding a raised center median along 1.28 miles between Southwest Featherston Road and Southwest I Street while making it more pedestrian- and bicycle-friendly.
The other projects include work at:
- Southwest 10th and F Streets — $955,033
- Opal Road improvements — $844,961
- Southwest Gator Boulevard — $690,000
- Moberly Lane — $630,000
- Walton Boulevard and Central Avenue intersection — $568,137
- Southeast 10th and C Streets — $443,315
- Northwest Tiger Boulevard and G Street — $308,602
- Greenhouse Road regional detention drainage project — $297,753
- Southwest 14th Street and Been Road — $284,639
- Northwest 2nd and G Streets — $246,433
- Northwest 4th and D Streets — $228,559
- Southwest 2nd and O Streets — $222,949
- Northwest Trails End and C Street — $171,690
- North 8th and Main Streets — $155,500
- Southwest 7th Street and C Lateral — $85,500
More NW Arkansas stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.