Everyone's talking about home prices, for good reason. The average home value in NWA is approaching a quarter-million dollars, at $238,660.
What's happening: In the last five years, average home prices in NWA have gone up as much as 100%, according to data from Zillow.
- In most ZIP codes, home values are up between 40% and 60% from 2016.
Areas with with the biggest increases from April 2016 to April 2021:
- Sulphur Springs: 100%, from $82,633 to $165,298.
- Summers: 79%, from $134,412 to $240,637.
- Decatur: 73.7%, from $104,281 to $181,183.
- Maysville: 70.7%, from $138,209 to $236,040.
- Bella Vista: 62.7%, from $141,296 to $229,966.
State of play: Much of that growth has happened in the past year, according to Zillow's latest Market Report for the Northwest Arkansas metro area.
- The typical home value in NWA is up 18.5% over last May; the national average is 13.2%.
Go deeper: There's an interactive version of the map above on our website, so you can see just how much things have changed in your own ZIP code.
More NW Arkansas stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios NW Arkansas.