Rolling Stones to headline New Orleans Jazz Fest
The Rolling Stones are making good on promises to headline the New Orleans Jazz Fest.
Why it matters: The band will finally land at the Fair Grounds on Thursday, May 2, 2024, after years of attempts.
What's happening: The Rolling Stones are setting out on a 16-city U.S. tour in support of their latest album, "Hackney Diamonds."
- The New Orleans Jazz Fest date is the Stones' second on the tour, and its only festival date.
- The tour begins in Houston on April 28.
Flashback: Jazz Fest announced The Rolling Stones would visit the Fair Grounds back in 2019, but then a heart surgery for Mick Jagger scuttled those plans.
- Then, the band planned a visit in 2021. But rising COVID cases in Louisiana at the time caused organized to cancel the entire festival.
- Clearly, organizers are hoping the third time's the charm.
What he's saying: "'The Rolling Stones at Jazz Fest' is a long held prophecy coming true. The Festival thanks Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Concerts West, for their steadfast dedication to making this once-in-a-lifetime Jazz Fest magic," says Jazz Fest producer and director Quint Davis.
- "The pilgrimage starts today, come get satisfied."
Details: Louisiana residents with a Louisiana ZIP code can snag up to six pre-sale tickets Nov. 29 and Nov. 30 through the Jazz Fest website.
- The general public can start buying tickets Dec. 1 at 10am.
- Jazz Fest is scheduled for April 25 to 28 and May 2 to 5.
- But May 2 will have a limited capacity, and organizers expect a quick sell-out.
Of note: The usual $50 "Locals Thursday" prices will apply to the first Thursday for 2024.
Go deeper: Jazz Fest expands to 8 days
More New Orleans stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios New Orleans.