Where to find Super Bowl chicken wings in Nashville
One of the great joys of being a parent is finding shared interests with my kids.
- Rock music, video games, "Star Wars" movies and funny cat videos are among the things my boys and I enjoy.
- About two years ago, my son Everett, now 10, figured out he loved chicken wings. This was a welcome development because his brother and my wife dislike eating meat off the bone, for reasons I will never understand.
Why it matters: Over the last year or so, Everett and I have taken time to break away from our bone-averse family to try out wing spots across the city.
- Since chicken wings pair perfectly with football, here are four local spots we absolutely love.
😋 The Centennial: The popular Nations neighborhood bar has become our favorite wing spot.
- The wings are large, and the tangy Centennial sauce, made in-house, is especially addicting. They suggest calling ahead for your Super Bowl orders.
🍗 Brother Z's Wang Shack: This humble, family-owned joint is located on Dickerson Pike. They get bonus points for having a deep bench of sauces to choose from.
🍻 Alley Pub: I've extolled the virtues of one of Nashville's best dive bars in this newsletter before.
- Along with their frosty Bushwhackers and 2-for-1 beers on Sundays, Alley Pub's wings are a highlight. The sticky and tangy Juan sauce is my favorite, but their old-school buffalo sauce is also fantastic.
🍽️ Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint: The BBQ heavyweight brings it with their smoked wings.
- You can order them tossed in any of Martin's sauces, but we prefer the Memphis dry rub and then dipping them in the glorious Alabama white sauce. Martin's is also taking pre-orders for Super Sunday.
More Nashville stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.