May 13, 2022 - Real Estate
Nashville's luxury housing market explodes. Plus: 4 pricy listings
A record-setting $50 million listing is just one indicator of Nashville's growing luxury real estate market.
The big picture: Despite inventory being short, there's been more activity in the luxury range — defined here as any listing over $2 million.
By the numbers:
- In the last year, there have been 275 sales of over $2 million in the Nashville area.
- In April 2022, there were 33 luxury closings with an average of 26 days on market.
- The median list price in the luxury range was $3.5 million.
What's happening: Every year, as home values soar and more record-breaking sales take place, the luxury list prices get even more luxe.
- Steve Fridrich, president of Fridrich & Clark Realty, said any listing over $2 million would've been called luxury two years ago. Now that minimum should be more like $4 million, he says.
What's next: Luxury market home prices are only going up.
Here are the priciest Nashville homes, right now.
1. 1304 Chickering Rd.— $50 million
- Specs: 5 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, 19,811 square feet
- Features: Top-of-the-line everything, tennis courts, stunning pool and more on 59 acres
- See our full home tour here.
2. 1950 Chickering Rd. — $15 million
- Specs: 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 8,938 square feet
- Features: Library, barn, two-bed renovated guest house, all ensuite bedrooms upstairs, double-decker front porch and a movie theater, all on 22 acres
3. 5836 Hillsboro Pike — $11.9 million
- Specs: 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 11,034 square feet
- Features: Pool with waterfall, outdoor living and kitchen area, and lush landscaping on over 8 acres
4. 515 Church St. #4502 — $10 million
- Specs: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 4,374 square feet
- Features: Two-story penthouse, six-car garage, floor-to-ceiling windows and sweeping views
More Nashville stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Nashville.