Trump campaign fundraises with fake mug shot merch
The Trump campaign is capitalizing on the former president's arrest Tuesday.
Driving the news: An email from Trump's 2024 campaign was sent advertising a t-shirt with a fake mug shot of former President Trump, with the phrase "NOT GUILTY" below it.
- The shirt is free with a $47 contribution to the campaign.
- The shirt can also be purchased for $36 from Trump's campaign merchandise store.
- Trump, who is in the middle of campaigning for the 2024 election, is the first president to have ever faced criminal charges.
Of note: The Trump campaign has been using the indictment to fundraise.
- Following his court appearance Tuesday, Trump said in a campaign email that he's raised over $10 million since news of the indictment broke.
- "While we are living through the darkest hours of American history, I can say that at least for this moment right now, I am in great spirits...." the email read. "You are why I could NEVER give up our mission to save America — no matter how nasty and vicious the attacks ever got."
- "I have never been more certain that we will win back the White House and save our Great Nation," the former president said.
Editor's note: This story has been updated with information from a second email from Trump's campaign.