Subway giving away free sandwiches Tuesday from new menu
Driving the news: The chain launched the menu with 12 new sandwiches last week and is calling the change "the most significant menu update in its nearly 60-year history."
Details: The first 50 consumers to ask for the promotion at participating restaurants will get a free 6-inch Subway Series sub of their choice, the fine print says.
- The giveaway runs for two hours local time or while supplies last.
- There's a limit of one per person and there are no substitutions, according to the fine print.
Meanwhile, a federal judge in California said Subway can be sued over claims that it is misleading customers when it says its tuna products are "100% tuna."
Flashback: Last year, Subway launched the Eat Fresh Refresh menu with 20 menu updates and did a similar sub giveaway on July 13.
Subway Series menu: 12 new subs
The new Subway Series menu is divided into four categories with three sandwiches each that you can order by name or number and come with a combination of meat, cheese, vegetables, sauce and type of bread.
- Cheesesteaks: #1 The Philly, #2 The Outlaw, #3 The Monster
- Italianos: #4 Supreme Meats, #5 Bella Mozza, #6 The Boss
- Chicken: #7 The MexiCali, #8 The Great Garlic, #9 The Champ
- Clubs: #10 All-American Club, #11 Subway Club, #12 Turkey Cali Club