Thanks for subscribing to Media Trends. Tell friends to follow along by signing up here.
Situational Awareness: The Western world's Big Tech disillusionment grows...
- U.S.: Senators will unveil a measure today to crack down on manipulative design features in major web platforms, Axios' David McCabe scoops.
- U.K.: The government yesterday unveiled a sweeping plan to rein in tech firms by making them liable for unlawful or harmful content.
- Canada: The government said Monday that it's considering regulating Facebook and other social media giants.
- Australia: Officials passed a law last week to punish social media companies for violent content.
- New Zealand: The country's privacy watchdog called Facebook "morally bankrupt" yesterday and suggested that the country follow Australia's lead in passing a law to jail tech executives over violent streaming problems.