Good Saturday morning. ⚡Breaking overnight ... The power of democracy: Hong Kong indefinitely delayed a proposal to allow extraditions to mainland China.
- Why it matters: It was a "dramatic retreat after anger over the bill triggered the city’s biggest and most violent street protests in decades." (Reuters)
- What's next: Activists want more, and vowed to protest en masse tomorrow. (AP)
🎬 Today's Axios AM is a special Deep Dive edition looking ahead to tomorrow's episode of "Axios on HBO" (6 p.m. ET/PT).
- Axios' Ina Fried visited Lego HQ in Denmark, and heard how hard it is to make those iconic bricks sustainable. See a clip.
- This report — by Andrew Freedman, Amy Harder, Jessie Li and Alison Snyder — explores the global plastics crisis and efforts to solve it.
- Smart Brevity count: 1,231 words, ~5 minute read.