3 summer vacation Airbnbs within driving distance of Tampa
Summer is almost here, which means it's time to escape Tampa's humidity and loads of tourists.
These three Airbnbs are near Pine Mountain, a town in Georgia about 6.5 hours from Tampa that has tons of hiking and small-town charm.
- Hike your way through FDR state park or head to the resort area of Callaway Gardens, which has walking and bike trails, a lakefront beach, golf and other outdoor activities.
If you're entertaining your whole family, this spacious updated villa that sleeps eight should do the trick.
- Features: Screened-in porch, close to activities, fire table
- Space: 8 guests, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
- Cost: $275+ per night
Should you prefer adventure over luxury, you can stay in an up-fitted school bus.
- Features: Kitchen, WiFi, pet-friendly
- Space: 6 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bath
- Cost: $72+ per night
For people looking for lodging somewhere between a villa and a vehicle, consider glamping.
- Features: Queen-sized bed, bunk beds, covered deck
- Space: 4 guests, 1 bedroom, 1 bath
- Cost: $178+ per night
Editor's note: The headline and story have been corrected to show the Airbnbs are near Pine Mountain (not Pine Lake), which is 6.5 hours (not 6 hours) from Tampa and is not really considered a mountain town.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.