How to celebrate Indie Bookstore Day around Tampa Bay
Indie Bookstore Day celebrations will have you turning pages all over Tampa Bay this week.
- The official day is Saturday, April 30.
How to celebrate: Lakeland is having the city's first Book Crawl, with five shops offering a different discount each day this week.
- See more details in The Ledger.
Oxford Exchange in Tampa is having its annual Book Fair on Thursday night, featuring publications by 40+ local authors and writing workshops.
- Bring gently used books for Pre-K thru Grade 12 to benefit the Hillsborough Education Foundation's Teaching Tools Store.
Saturday celebrations are also happening in St. Pete, Safety Harbor, Venice and Winter Haven.
- Tombolo will have exclusive merch, special giveaway items and a children's book sale.
- Book + Bottle will have a specialty book-themed cocktail called “The Bookworm,” bookstore bingo, blackout poetry, and with the purchase of a book and a tote you'll get a free Blind Date with a Book.
- Portkey will have children's storytime and crafts, a reading and meet-n-greet with local authors Aramis Calderon, Steve Kistulentz, and Noel Zamot and a yoga and haiku writing workshop.
- Fable Books will have giveaways and exclusive IBD merchandise.
- Writer's Block will have an in-store scavenger hunt, readings and a prize wheel.
More bookstores to support: Mojo Books & Records in Tampa, Wilson's Book World in St. Pete, Back in the Day Books in Dunedin and Lighthouse Books in Dade City.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.