So Tropical Storm Elsa didn't warrant that many sandbags after all, huh? Better safe — and crafty — than sorry.
If they're unused, Pinellas County says you can save them for the next big storm or use them for landscaping.
Here are a few other ideas:
- Start a neighborhood sandcastle contest.
- Build a sandbox for the kids (or adults).
- Make candles and other crafts.
- Strap one in a diaper and make your kids care for it like a baby to teach them about family planning.
- Make a backyard obstacle course and hold a ninja warrior-type competition.
- String one up in your basement as a punching bag, or just like kick the pile when you're mad.
A big FYI: If they touched any floodwater, your sandbags are probably contaminated with lots of nasty stuff, so ignore everything we just said above and throw 'em out.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.