Despite all his accomplishments, Edwin Narain still proudly boasts that he was student body president at USF.
Since then, he's been elected as a state representative and worked for AT&T for almost two decades — now as assistant vice president of external & legislative affairs.
- Narain is also the past chair of the Charter Review Board, chairperson of the Children's Board of Hillsborough County, serves on the Executive Board of the Tampa Bay Chamber and is a Trustee at Saint Leo University.
- He was recently honored with the Tampa Bay Chamber’s H.L. Culbreath Jr. Award for service to the community, becoming the youngest person to receive the honor.
How does a guy like Narain interact with tech? We asked him about his habits.
- Device of choice: iPhone 12 Pro.
- First tap of the day: Email.
- Go-to news source: New York Times and Apple News.
- Podcast of choice: Elevation with Steven Furtick, Something to Wrestle With and Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend.
- Reading list: "Kingdom Man" by Tony Evans, "Caste" by Isabel Wilkerson, anything written by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Most-used app: "The notes app on my iPhone is how I keep my life together. It’s the only way I can remember to do anything not work-related."
This story first appeared in the Axios Tampa Bay newsletter, designed to help readers get smarter, faster on the most consequential news unfolding in their own backyard.
More Tampa Bay stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Tampa Bay.