Things to do in Richmond this weekend: the marathon and natural wine
It's marathon weekend in RVA.
As a Boston marathon qualifier — and possibly because it was dubbed "America's friendliest marathon" by Runner's World Magazine in 2009 for our historic neighborhoods, party zones and junk food stations — the event brings thousands of runners to the city.
- Around 18,000 runners are expected to participate this year across the three races, marathon organizer Sports Backers tells Axios.
- Locals should expect widespread street closures from the downtown start line through the Near West End, Southside and Northside to the Brown's Island finish.
- The CoStar Group Post Race Party at Brown's Island is open to the public with more live music and food, plus beer trucks and a free beer (or Tito's and lemonade) and slice of pizza for runners.
- 🎨 Gallery5 in Jackson Ward is hosting a fundraiser Friday night (7-11pm), complete with live music, burlesque, a silent auction and a live "Exquisite Corpse" drawing contest. Tickets start at $20.
- 👑 "SIX" — the Broadway show about the wives of Henry VIII — runs through Sunday at Altria. Tickets start at $43.50.
More Richmond stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Richmond.