Where to wobble before you gobble in the Triangle
For those that like to get in a hearty amount of exercise before diving into the bird on Thanksgiving, there are several turkey trots across the Triangle this year.
- The Raleigh Turkey Trot kicks off its 8K race at 8:30am at the Ridgewood Shopping Center. Participation costs $35 if you sign up today and $40 starting Nov. 18.
- Trophy Brewing's Trophy Trot, a 5K race through Dix Park with beers at its Maywood Avenue location, starts at 9am. $40.
- The Leesville Community 5K Turkey Trot, which benefits scholarships for Leesville Road High School students, is $20.
- Looking for a longer run? Try the Skinny Turkey Half Marathon winding through Wakefield Plantation at 7:30am. Entrance is $70 for the half marathon and less for shorter distances.
- Take it off road with the Turkey Chase through Umstead State Park on Saturday. $70 for the half marathon; less for shorter distances.
- In Durham, take a look at Trosa 5K Turkey Trot through the Lakewood neighborhood. $40.
- Run through Garner's White Deer and Lake Benson parks in the Freedom Ride Rescue Turkey Day 5k. $37.50.
More Raleigh stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Raleigh.