5 must-try Raleigh restaurants that fly under the radar
The big-name restaurants like Crawford and Son and Poole's soak up much of the city's attention and awards. But Raleigh has plenty of hidden food gems, too.
From no-frills pizza to top-notch pho, here are a few of our favorites.
- The Stanbury: This uncomplicated east Mordecai restaurant doesn't take reservations, and all the food, from the pork chops to the bread and butter appetizer, is memorable.
- Anise Pho: Fast and delicious, Anise serves up some of the top customer service around. They also serve the rarity that is vegetarian pho.
- Los Cuates: The underrated, inexpensive Mexican food you crave. Los Cuates has two Raleigh locations.
- Frank's Pizza & Italian Restaurant: Frank's is not fancy. It's hidden in a shopping center off New Bern and serves giant pies of pizza that pair just right with cheap beer and late nights.
- Lucille's order: New York White pizza.
- Arepa Culture: This family-owned Venezuelan restaurant and food truck is a must try. Their made-from-scratch arepas are mouth-watering and decorated with food awards.
- Lucille's order: La Domino.
🚨 Subscribe for more: Axios Raleigh has officially launched. Sign up to receive our free weekday newsletter and get all the news you need to start your day.
More Raleigh stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Raleigh.