Get steak for lunch on the cheap at Angie's Prime Grill
There seemed to be a lot of buzz about the inaugural location of Angie's Prime Grill, which, like its lobster counterpart, boasts high-end food for fast-food prices, so I made my way to the north side.
Zoom in: Angie's Prime Grill, in north Phoenix at 880 E. Lone Cactus Drive, is the sister restaurant of Angie's Lobster — "Home of $9.99 lobster meals" —which already has six Valley locations.
- They have similarly priced steak and chicken meals, and $10.99 lobster tails, though that offering is more limited than the chain's lobster-specific restaurants.
- Each protein is available in a warm bowl, burrito or salad.
- From there, choose flavor styles, including BBQ, Cobb, Greek, Harvest, Mexican and Seasonal Apple & Bacon.
What I ordered: How could I go with anything but steak on my first visit?
- I tried the warm bowl Mexican-style, which included corn, heirloom tomatoes, red onions, avocado, cotija cheese and a cilantro lime sauce.
The verdict: Pretty solid. The steak was tasty and tender, and I liked the flavor.
- I also ordered Angie's berries and cream beverage, which I didn't realize was an energy drink. It tasted good and probably gave me an unexpected pick-me-up after lunch.
What's next: I'll be back to try some of the other styles, and now I'm definitely looking forward to trying Angie's Lobster soon.
More Phoenix stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Phoenix.