Renderings: Luxury apartments to open near Metairie's Clearview mall
A $55 million luxury apartment complex is in the works for Metairie.
Why it matters: Metro at Clearview is part of a multimillion-dollar redevelopment effort of one of Metairie's busiest intersections — Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Clearview Parkway.
- It's one of several projects looking to convert an area dominated by the struggling Clearview Mall into a bustling mixed-use destination.
Driving the news: The new complex plans to open in May at 4409 Trenton Street.
- It will have five stories and 270 apartments with rents starting at $1,495, according to Audubon, the Atlanta-based property management company.
Details: Each apartment will have smart home technology like keyless door locks and wireless thermostats, and the complex's amenities will include a pool, lounge and fitness center, Audubon says.
By the numbers: Rent starts at $1,495 for a studio, $1,695 for a one bedroom and $2,395 for a two bedroom.
State of play: The other projects at this corner of Veterans are already well underway.
- Clearview City Center, the mall's new name, is undergoing a $100 million makeover into an open-air, mixed-used center with green spaces and water features.
- Ochsner's new $115 million medical center replaced Sears. The new center opened in January.
- And, Target wrapped up a $9 million renovation earlier this year.
More New Orleans stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios New Orleans.