Keith Lee is coming to Indianapolis. Here's where he should eat.
TikTok star Keith Lee's presence is enough to put a city's entire food scene on high alert — and Indianapolis is no exception.
Why it matters: Lee's ability to boost business at restaurants in cities across the country has been dubbed the "Keith Lee Effect," making his visits highly sought after.
- His reviews of offerings in places like Los Angeles, Chicago, New Orleans and his hometown of Las Vegas routinely generate millions of views on TikTok, where he has more than 15 million followers.
- One X user asked: Are we going to get dragged?!
- Another said he should skip Indy: "That man is going to be mad af."
💭 Our thought bubble: We've got tons of great restaurants, chefs and food traditions. We just need to help him pick the right spots.
Luckily, Axios Indianapolis readers and social media users have plenty of suggestions.
Here's where y'all want Keith Lee to eat in Indy:
🍛 Bodhi, a Thai restaurant on Mass Ave serving elevated dishes inspired by family recipes that Kayla says are "spicy and delicious."
🍖 His Place Eatery, a Black-owned soul food and BBQ spot on the east side.
🥪 Carole suggested Shapiro's, the kosher-style delicatessen and Indianapolis institution dating back more than 100 years.
🍗 Chicken Scratch — hello, scratch-made and locally owned chicken and waffles.
🍤 Chef Oya's THE TRAP, dishing out #DeliciouslyDope seafood (with a healthy serving of Trap Buttah)
- Yes, but: Eric is nervous about the review. "His response would surely be 'I don't even know what this is supposed to be.'"
- We're going to say he can go ahead and skip White Castle. We appreciate your sense of humor, though, Bob.
More Indianapolis stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Indianapolis.