Gusto Pizza reopens in Des Moines, closes other location
- The new location, 2301 Ingersoll Ave., is four blocks away from the longtime "mothership" that closed in July for the move.
Catch up fast: Plans to take Gusto "to the next level" were in the works since 2019 but delayed due to the pandemic, owners said in a press release Wednesday.
- The new spot has a private room and a more elaborate menu with an expanded drink menu.
On the menu: New pizzas, sandwiches and pasta bakes.
- Sweet corn mac 'n' cheese bake with bacon and corn bread. ($14)
- Betty Crocker, a Chicago deep dish pizza with roasted chicken and gravy, Havarti, peas, carrots and onions. ($16)
On Jason's plate: I started with an order of onion ring poutine. It comes with beef barbacoa, barbecue sauce, queso and jalapeno. ($13)
- I kept that theme running with a barbacoa Detroit-style pizza, which included adobe sauce, mozzarella, avocado and beef au jus for dipping. ($17)
Thought bubble: Beef juice to dip pizza? Such an unexpected and surprisingly yummy twist.
- I've missed you, Gusto. Welcome back.
Of note: Gusto's WDM restaurant permanently closed last month so staff can focus on its new and larger location, owner Josh Holderness told Axios Wednesday.
Hours: Daily from 11am-10pm and until 11pm on Saturday and Sunday.
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.