Charlotte mental health therapist among contestants for “The Bachelor” season 28
31-year-old Madina Alam is the latest Charlottean to be featured on “The Bachelor.“
She’ll make her debut on ABC’s 28th season of the popular reality TV show on Monday, Jan. 22, 2024 at 8pm.
Why it matters: This is the third season in a row that features a contestant from Charlotte.
- Kylee Russell represented Charlotte in Zach’s season, and most recently on Bachelor in Paradise.
- Before that, Hunter Haag took her chance at love on Clayton’s season and again on Bachelor in Paradise.
What’s happening: Alam is one of 32 women vying for Joey Graziadei’s love. Graziadei was one of the final contestants on Charity Lawson’s season of “The Bachelorette.”
Here’s what we know: According to her Instagram bio, Alam is a licensed mental health therapist and speaker. She specializes in “teaching people how to reduce anxiety by leaning into discomfort.”
- She’s also a model and has a clothing line.
- Also according to her Instagram, the Alam loves to dance, and has been taking classes at local hip-hop dance studio NC Dance District for a year.
The big picture: Charlotte singles have been taking over reality TV dating shows.
- We’re catching glimpses of our city and local couples in Netflix’s “The Ultimatum.” Plus, we’re gearing up for the new season of “Love is Blind” which features a full list of Charlotte singles.
- A set of local twins have also had their time to shine in their quest for love on Amazon Prime’s “Twin Love.”
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.