Meet the Charlotte couples on Netflix’s latest season of “The Ultimatum”
“The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On” returns to Netflix on Aug. 23 with five new couples, and a few of them are Charlotteans.
What’s happening: The show started casting couples in the Charlotte area last summer. Now, we’re getting a closer look at which couples were selected to be on the latest season, courtesy of a Netflix trailer.
Catch up quick: A spin-off of the popular reality show “Love is Blind,” “The Ultimatum” features couples where one partner is ready to commit to marriage and the other partner is not. Nick and Vanessa Lachey host the show, Alexis Clinton wrote.
- The love experiment has each couple trade partners to see if the grass is greener on the other side before responding to their original partners’ ultimatum.
What we know: At least two of the couples in this season are currently living in the Charlotte area.
- Kat Shelton, a 28-year-old travel nurse, gave her partner Alex Chapman, a 31-year-old working in software sales, the ultimatum.
- Lisa Horne, a 31-year-old vice president of clinical services, gave her partner Brian Okoyein, a 29-year-old financial analyst, the ultimatum.
What we’re watching: The rest of the couples represent the South in one way or another.
- Riah Nelson lives in Charleston, according to her Instagram bio; the 25-year-old was given the ultimatum by her partner Trey Brunson, a University of South Carolina alumnus.
- Roxanne Kaiser, an entrepreneur in Atlanta, was given the ultimatum by her partner Antonio Mattei, who also lives in Georgia, according to his Instagram.
- It’s unclear where Ryann McCracken and James Morris, both 24, currently reside based on their socials alone, but the high school sweethearts have spent a lot of time in and around the Carolinas. McCracken has given Morris the ultimatum.
Zoom in: One thing’s for sure — you’ll want to watch the show just to spot some Charlotte hotspots. In the trailer, one of the couples is shown fighting outside of Hot Taco in South End, which is now closed.
- We spotted film crews outside of Billy Sunday in Optimist Hall last year.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.