New season of Netflix’s “Love is Blind” will be set in Charlotte
The upcoming season of “Love is Blind” on Netflix will be based in Charlotte.
What’s happening: Season six of the popular reality dating show will feature a new group of Charlotte singles, per a Netflix press release.
- Last season, which was set in Houston, wrapped in October.
Catch up quick: We previously reported that the casting company behind the popular series was searching for singles in the area.
- Details about the show’s participants have not been released yet.
Why it matters: Charlotte has had plenty of contestants on reality dating shows before, but the city is gaining more traction as filming location for this shows.
- “Love is Blind” is the second reality dating show set in Charlotte hosted by Nick Lachey and Vanessa Lachey.
- “The Ultimatum” cast couples that eventually featured two couples living in the Charlotte area.
- At least 19 local businesses were featured in the show when it aired earlier this fall.
How it works: People will date on “Love is Blind” for a few weeks to develop emotional connection through pods before selecting their partner.
- They will choose someone to marry without actually meeting them to see if it’s possible to blindly fall in love.
What’s next: The new season will premiere on Netflix Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.