The Axios Local pizza bracket: Vote for Boston
Nothing will bring the people of Boston together (or tear it apart) quite like arguing over pizza.
- Of course Boston isn't exactly world-renowned for our pizza offerings, but the likes of Santarpio's and Pizzeria Regina keep us in the mix.
State of play: The Axios Local team put together the ultimate bracket to find out which city has the best pizza among the local areas we cover.
🚨 Axios readers in the winning city will get a pizza party.
- Will it be Chicago, with its deep dish and tavern-style classics?
- Could Detroit's baked squares take the trophy?
- Or will the simplicity of a Des Moines slice pull the upset?
Yes, but: If those options left you scratching your head, or shocked that there’s good pizza in a place like Des Moines, you may as well vote for Boston.
- The bracket is set and it's up to you to vote us into the next round.
Boston just can't stop winning, even when we have no right to win!
That's right, we beat out Washington, D.C. in the first round of Axios' ultimate metro-area pizza tournament.
- Nearly 6,500 readers voted for the city they believe to have the best pizza among our local coverage areas.
- Somehow, Boston's already in the Savory 16.
Editor's note: This story was first published on February 13 and last updated on February 14 to include round one results.
More Boston stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Boston.