Amy Klobuchar's campaign says it raised $11.4 million in Q4
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Amy Klobuchar's 2020 presidential campaign said Friday that it raised $11.4 million during 2019's fourth quarter, Politico reports.
Why it matters: It's the best quarter yet for the moderate Minnesota senator, who pulled in just $4.8 million in Q3, boosted by strong debate performances in the later portion of the year.
- The cash influx gives Klobuchar a chance to make a strong play in Iowa, the first caucus state and a key to her momentum-building strategy.
- Her campaign said the average online donation in Q4 was $32, but did not specify how much cash it still had on hand.
Where it stands: Despite her significant fundraising jump, Klobuchar's haul still places her near the back of the Democratic pack's fundraising this past quarter.
- While not all of the top candidates have announced their Q4 totals yet, Bernie Sanders is likely to set the pace with his $34.5 million, followed by Pete Buttigieg ($24.7 million) and Joe Biden ($22.7 million).
- Andrew Yang leads the second tier with $16.5 million, followed by Tulsi Gabbard's $3.4 million.
- President Trump's campaign says that it raised $46 million in Q4.