Photo: Jamie Schwaberow/NCAA Photos via Getty Images
After 90 minutes of regulation and two overtime periods went scoreless, Stanford beat North Carolina on penalty kicks (5-4) to win the D-I Women's Soccer National Championship yesterday, the program's second title in three years.
Highlight: Kiara Pickett tucked the ball into the lower left corner for the game-winning penalty kick. What a moment.
More college soccer:
- D-I men: The final four is set. No. 1 Virginia vs. No. 4 Wake Forest; No. 3 Georgetown vs. No. 7 Stanford.
- D-II women: The final four is set. No. 1 Grand Valley State (Mich.) vs. No. 4 Saint Rose (N.Y.); No. 2 Flagler (Fla.) vs. No. 3 Western Washington.
- D-II men: The final four is set. No. 1 Cal State L.A. vs. No. 4 University of Indianapolis; No. 2 Charleston (W.Va.) vs. No. 3 Lynn (Fla.).
- D-III women: Messiah (Pa.) beat William Smith (N.Y.), 1-0, to win its sixth national title, the most in D-III women's soccer history.
- D-III men: Tufts (Mass.) beat Amherst (Mass.), 2-0, to win its second straight national title and third in four years.